Reiatsu: : 40000
    Strength: : 5
    Stamina: : 22
    Speed: : 76
    Reiryoku: : 71
    Perception: : 72

Last Moments of Freedom

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Tenjinsai found himself wandering the streets of Rukongai as he had done countless times before in his life. He was considered old by most. Most souls did not live excessively long unless they had ample amounts of spiritual power. The average soul wouldn't live more then two or three hundred years. Compared to a humans life span that's quite long though. But, compared to some individuals who can live in excess of one thousand years, its a trifling existence. Kage was one of those few people blessed with an extended life. He was in his seven hundreds now and was marching forwards towards eight hundred. He had a somewhat youthful appearance as well looking as though he was at the beginnings of middle age. Strolling quietly through the streets he came to the usual location that he enjoyed spending his free time at. It was a tavern on the outskirts of district fifty eight. Ruffians usually decided to stack up there and enjoy a good drink. Due to it being far outside of town they could be as rowdy as they liked as well. This, was one aspect that appeased to Tenjinsai as well. He wasn't particularly an obnoxious person, no, not at all.

However, he did enjoy a stiff drink every once in a while. That being the case, the obnoxious behavior would soon follow the drinking. Walking inside the tavern he looked around as the group within quieted and looked at the new entry. Giving it a few seconds, Tenjinsai stood in the door way waiting for them to recognize him. He had come there enough and gotten to know the normal patrons that it was standard now. He knew most of those within, and they knew him. "Tenjin!!!" Several of the patrons yelled as they finally recognized him. The fog of liquor was most likely blurring their vision. Closing his eyes and smiling briefly, Tenjinsai made his way forward to the bar and took a seat on an empty stool. He withdrew the blade strapped to his side from his sash and leaned it against the underside of the bar. He didn't usually remove his katana from his person unless he was at the tavern. It was the only place he really felt safe, as ironic as that was.

Surrounded by criminals, ruffians, and vagrants. Yet, he felt completely at home around them. Padding his hand down on the bar counter twice he called the bartender over for a drink. "The usual Tenjin?" He paused for a moment, stroking the beard that covered most of his face. "You know what, I think I'll have something a little different. Gimme a glass of Junsei." Immediately upon hearing that the bartender, as well as some of the bar goers eyed him up. Of course, this was a natural reaction to him asking for it. Junsei was a very powerful liquor, somewhere in the nineties as far as percentage went. It was almost pure alcohol and it was illegal for it to be sold at an establishment or even made. But Kage knew better then to think they didn't have it hear. The drink was illegal, which made it somewhat of a delicacy that people looked for. One had a better chance of finding the drink if the tavern they went to was more remote as well. The harder it was to find, the stronger the drink you'll get. That was his way of thinking at least.

Sighing and leaning forward on the bar he wove his fingers together and placed his face behind them so only his eyes could be seen. "You heard me right, let me get some Junsei. I know you have it Madara, don't bullshit with me." Sighing, Madara walked off behind a door positioned to the rear of the bar. That was the 'employee' area, or as Kage called it, the stash area. He sat quietly and waited from Madara to return with his beverage. It was going to be rather expensive as well but he didn't mind. He made enough money with his day job. Just as a period of reminiscing was about to begin in the man's mind Madara reappeared with the liquor he had requested. Not only he had brought a glass out, but he brought out the whole damned bottle. He was surprised at the size of it as well. Considering the stuff was hard to make, let alone get your hands on, for him to have that much was certainly a statement.

"Here ya go Tenjin, just like ya asked for." Madara placed the bottle down on the counter right in front of Tenjinsai. Placing a glass next to it he let him go to work at the drink. "Ummm, Madara? Don't I need to pay for it first?" The bartender stopped for a moment but spoke without looking back to Tenjinsai. "Drink to your hearts content Tenjin. I owe you for those bandits you took care of for me. It's on the house." Staring at it for a moment Kage was somewhat surprised. He had done that job for Madara as a favor. The man was basically a good friend of his at this point since he had been coming here for the last thirty or so years. That being the case, he wasn't expecting charity to be handed back to him. He was quite grateful of the notion and decided to share it with everyone. "Well, in that case, get me some more glasses out here. Everyone gets a drink!!" As soon as that was said the entire tavern erupted into cheers and applause. "Yeaaah, you the man Tenjin!! Wooo, way to hook it up Kage!!" Immediately, the entire building became his best friend as they began to swarm towards the bar.

Twenty, maybe even thirty, people lined up around him for a drink. As this was happening Tenjinsai observed Madara pulling out glass after glass for the massive group of people. Once he had laid them out across the bar counter Tenjinsai began pouring them out one by one. He looked up for a brief moment while doing so eyeing Madara in the process. "You're drinking too my friend. I'm not going to leave you out of these festivities. Especially considering your the one that made this possible." He smiled heartily for the first time in a good while. He was having one of his few moments of genuine happiness and joy. Some of these men were his friends, some weren't, but they were all having a damn good time together. "Alright my friends, let us drink until we can't drink anymore!!!" "YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!" All at once the tavern goers grabbed hold of their own glasses and down them quickly. One by one you could begin to hear the exhaling of the drinkers as they finished.

This was matched by the clinking of the glasses reaching the counter once they had finished. All but two people had drank at this point, Tenjinsai and Madara. They still stood their, glass in hand, staring at one another. Raising his glass up to his friend, Tenjinsai made a toast. "A toast to my friend!! Madara, one of the kindest men alive!! May your remaining years be blessed with happiness and prosperity!!" "Yeaaaaaaaaaah!!!" The crowd of drunken ruffians behind him joined in on the toast even though they lacked anything to toast with. But it was the spirit of the matter, and they were certainly in the right spirits. Looking back to Madara he felt a slight vibration through his arm and heard a gentle 'clink'. The man had raised his glass as well and met Tenjinsai in his toast. "I thank you my friend. May the same be said for you, and everyone else in here!!" "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Smiling and nodding, the two raised their glasses up and then downed the powerful liquor in them. Tenjinsai could feel his throat beginning to burn as the cold liquid slid its way down his throat. It was indeed powerful, fire water, as they called it in parts of the World of the Living.

"Pheeeew. That's some strong stuff there Madara. I hope you'll get some more soon, I like it." The entirety of the room burst out into laughter at the joke. But then again, there wasn't much a group of drunken rapscallions wouldn't laugh at. Especially if the person making the joke was giving out free booze. But, there would be no more of that tonight. Sighing, Tenjinsai stood up quietly and made his way towards the end of the bar. He had followed Madara there for he wished to offer him something. "Madara, I have something here for you. Come here." The man walked the short distance between the two and observed him carefully. "What is it Tenjin? Want something else to drink?" Tenjinsai laughed briefly before shaking his head to symbolize a no. Reaching into his left sleeve, Tenjinsai pulled out a small sack of coins and reached into it. Pulling out a handful of money he quickly placed it in his friends hands and then closed them. "There, keep that. It's not enough to pay for all of it but I wanted to give you something at least." "But Tenjinsai, I told you it's..." Tenjinsai placed his hand on the mans right shoulder and shook his head once again.

"I know Madara, but I don't like accepting charity. Consider it a token of our friendship that I accept any charity from you at all. But don't get me wrong, I appreciate you doing that for me. It's just, not my way." Smiling warmly Tenjinsai turned around and began making his way towards the exit of the tavern. "I'll see you around Madara, probably tomorrow. Don't get yourself into any trouble before then." He waved his hand in the air giving a reverse wave to his friend. "The same goes for you Tenjin!! Don't go getting yourself killed!!" At that a smirk popped on Tenjinsai's face just as he was half way through the curtain that functioned as a door. He looked back into the tavern briefly with that smug look upon his face. "Me, die? Hah, you know I can't be killed that easily Madara. The day I lose a fight is the day that I resign my blade for good." "Yeah yeah yeah, I'll see you later Tenjin." With that, the man walked the rest of the way out the curtain and found himself back on the streets. Apparently his perception of time was off as the sun was already setting. Darkness was beginning to set into the land so it was time for him to get home. Sighing, Tenjinsai stumbled off down the street in his state of slight drunkenness heading towards his home.

As he made his way slowly down the seemingly endless streets of Rukongai, he stopped for a moment. Even in a somewhat inebriated state his senses were still sharp. Something was wrong, someone was watching him. He could feel their eyes piercing through the darkness and drilling a hole into the back of his robes. It was clear whoever this was, they did not like him. Letting his left hand slink down his body and drape over the hilt of his blade he shouted into the darkness. "Whoever's out there, show yourself. I know you've been observing me since I left the tavern." Silence followed his words for a few moments as the stalker thought over their options. It appeared whoever they were, they had a good pair. Walking out into the darkness to face Kage, this masked stranger leered at him with unusual eyes. "I knew someone was following me. So, who are you and why are you interested in me?" No response came from the individual, at least not verbally. The stalkers left arm slowly raised into the air until it was at a one hundred and twenty degree angle. Then, the individual simply snapped and from the alleyways and side streets mercenaries began to slowly pour in. It appeared that at least a dozen men had shown themselves and meant business. Kage had picked one hell of a night to drink hard it seemed. Now, in a half drunken state he had to somehow manage to defend himself. Perhaps he could reason with them, at least find out who they were and why they were targeting. Though, in his line of work it probably wasn't hard to guess why him. The hard was guessing who it was that wanted revenge. "Listen fellas, I don't know who you are, or what you want, but I'm sure there are better ways to handle this then with violence. However..." Eyeing up the entire crowd and counting about fourteen people including the masked stranger. It would be a rough fight, but he assumed he could come out on top. The mercenaries seemed like a bunch of no talent sell swords that used to be small time gangsters. This masked individual however, he was the only wild card.

It was clear the man possessed some amount of importance, whether through office or strength. Usually the types that were important liked to gloat and yell until the cows came home about how big their organization was. But this one, he hadn't said a word yet. That, was what worried Kage. He would have to be careful about dealing with him. "If you cannot be swayed, then at least tell me who you are and why I am the target. Considering the odds are fourteen to one, I doubt you have to worry about information getting out." Kage hoped his bluff would work and they would divulge any information that he needed. If they were stupid enough to tell him who they worked for then there was no need for anymore talking. "Heh, your right about that you scum sucking head hunter." Even Kage winced at the name that was used against him. It was a crude term for what he did, though an accurate statement. "Easy there buddy, I am no head hunter. I prefer the term Assassin, or Hitman." That was what Kage did with his time, killing for money. He however tried to stay on the side of justice with his works. Slaying groups of bandits, or corrupted government officials, things like that. He wouldn't go out of his way to kill some random store owner with a wife and kids. It just wasn't in his nature to kill if he didn't think it was justified. "Assassin, whatever you have to do to stroke that ego Kage." That voice, it was so incredibly familiar to him. It was so familiar he had issues recalling who it was. How did they know his name as well, there were few people who really socialized with him. The men at the tavern only knew him because he frequented the place. Outside of them and Madara, there were only two or three other people he had any affiliation with. His mind was snapped from his thoughts though as the masked individual spoke yet again. "You don't recognize my voice do you? I can't blame you though. Why should you have to remember the name of the man you were supposed to murder!!" Kage's eyes went wide when he said what he did. Had someone survived one of his assassinations?

This had never happened in his line of work, ever. When he went to kill his mark he killed them and made sure they were dead. There was no possible way that whoever this was could be one of his targets. However, his wide eyes went even wider as the man removed his mask. The mans face was somewhat misshapen, not in shape, but in feature. His left eye was hardly recognizable as well as most of that side of his face. A massive scar ran across it from just above his forehead and down to his chin. This was the last man he was assigned to kill, a leader of a prominent band of bandits. "Kuro, Kuro Ryuunosuke Hashimoto. Leader of the seventy ninth district Hashimoto bandits. How did you survive that attack...." The man began to laugh madly. His psychotic howls piercing the night sky with every cackle that emanated from his scared face. "That look of disbelief, apparently your not as skilled as you thought Kage. Even as old as you are your skills still need improving. It's quite unfortunate though, that you have to die now. Your skills will never ascend to a higher place I'm afraid." With that, the man turned around and began to stroll off into the night. "Take care of him men. You'll get paid once you return the body to me." The scoundrel slowly vanished into the darkness as he got further away with every footstep. Kage's first reaction was to draw his blade and chase after Kuro. However, he couldn't do that quite yet as there were still thirteen men bearing down on him. He was going to have to defeat them first and find out wherever Kuro was stashing himself. He had to wrap this up soon. If he left that man alive not only would his credibility as a hitman be shattered, but Kuro would turn back to his gang and wreak even more havoc then before. "Wait, no, Madara!!" That was when Kage realized who had given him the contract. Madara was the one who had signed him for that particular kill. The man's bandits were causing trouble in the area and even directly in the tavern. It was bad for business and the repairs that he was forced to pay for weren't anything to sneeze at either.

So now that he knew almost all the information he had a plan set up to follow. First thing was first, getting rid of these bumbling bunglers. Then, checking back at the tavern to make sure everyone is alright. If Kuro had found out Madara was the one that had hired him, then he would be paying him a visit as well. Kage knew well enough too, he could defend himself perfectly fine, but Madara, that was a gamble. "Well, first things first, time to take out the trash." The fierceness that resided inside Kage seeped out as he drew his blade from its sheath. Killing was something he was not foreign to, it was what he did for a living. Taking care of these talentless warriors would be childsplay. Closing his eyes and bringing his body down lower to the ground he was silent. This silence spread throughout the area until he pivoted around on his feet to face the bulk of the men. His eyes had become fierce, shining with a darkness that meant he was ready. "Now, let's get this party started!!" With that, Kage burst forward at the first of his targets, his blade aimed to kill.

Kage lurched forward rapidly at his target with his blade leveled at the side. Before the man even realized Kage was upon him he was already dead. The blade plunged deep into the bandit's chest and came clear out through the other side. Slowly, the weight of his opponent began to fall upon him, the man was dead. It was more then clear when he dropped to the ground as Kage pulled his blade out. Without wasting a beat to gauge reactions Kage was already upon his next target. His katana was raised up high into the air with his right hand as he slashed downwards with a powerful vertical strike. His blade dug deep into his targets shoulder leaving the attached limb hanging by only a stretch of skin and perhaps muscle. The man staggered backwards as he tried to recover from the shock of the wound itself. He was clearly out of the fight though. If he continued battling he would succumb to his wounds in a matter of minutes. That being the case, Kage was off to his next target. However, he wanted to pick the pace up now so perhaps a few at a time would be better. His blade was not the only thing he could use as a weapon. Jumping up into the air Kage sheathed his blade for a moment and crossed his arms over his chest. Then, in a quick fanning motion, he spread his arms out to the left and right with a wave of kunai and shuriken bombarding his opponents. He simply watched from above whilst he fell as his flurry of bladed projectiles ripped his opponents apart. Touching back down on the ground Kage crouched low with his body in a knelt down ball. His head low and his hand on his blade he listened quietly as he heard bodies hit the floor. One by one he listened to them collapse. One, two, three, four, and finally five. With that he had killed six of the men and left one fatally wounded. The remaining six bandits all looked at one another and back at Kage. Granted, Kuro was their boss and they were afraid of confronting him if they ran. But it must have been more then apparent that they were no match for their current opponent either.

It was up to them to pick the lesser of two evils. It seemed that they had finally made a choice as they began to turn tail one by one until the remaining bandits fled with them. Once again Kage had got himself out of quite the predicament with his rather immense combat abilities. However, he still had to deal with taking care of Kuro. The man had to die, whether he was contracted to kill him or not, he had to. He was an evil individual who was bent on taking over the rukongai. He had already seized an entire district with his bandit gang and started to move into the surrounding districts. With no real policing force around either it made it rough to keep them in check. The shinigami had always been around, but they were more of a singular fighting force rather then a military. They never really worked together and instead functioned just like the bandits, a bunch of gangs. It wasn't until recently that they actually decided to band together and form some sort of organization. It was called the Gotei Thirteen, or something to that end. Now at least the mindless drones that came out of the academy had an organization to be mindless within. Beyond that though, he had little knowledge as of their workings and cared little for it. He had done fine on his own with his own strength. He had thought about joining the academy many times though. He thought that it might help him refine his abilities but was against it most of the time. The shinigami weren't anything people approved of, other then when they helped out. They were a necessary evil though, not all of them were brutal thugs. Many of them were actually kind people who truly wished to help. However, the ones that thought like that were usually dealt with by the more powerful members who didn't quite share their ideals.

But for the time being he had more important things to worry about. Finding Kuro and putting him and his gang out of commission. How to find him though was the first issue on his list. All of the men had fled so he had nobody to really gather information from. That was when he remembered the one man who still lived. He had forgotten about him since he had apparently limped his way out of eyesight. Looking down at the dirt road that ran through the town he observed several sets of prints. Some made by bare feet and some made by sandals. Positioning himself where he had been when he cleaved the man nearly in half he then tried to find the matching foot prints. A few moments passed before he found what he assumed was the correct set. It was the only one with a trail of blood along with it as well. Walking along the path quietly, his blade still drawn in his right hand, he found the man a short distance away on the side of the road. He had managed to make his way to an area of overgrown shrubbery and tried to hide himself within the bushes. Pointing the tip of his blade at the mans neck he attempted to gather information from him. "You, where did your boss Kuro go to? Where were you supposed to meet him after you killed me? Tell me and maybe you'll live." The man didn't seem to be in the mood to cooperate. The only thing he did was spit at the ground in front of Kage and turned his head away. "Listen to me you idiot, your going to die whether you tell me or not. Those injuries you got there, you've got maybe four minutes at best before you bleed out. If you don't tell me what I want to know I'll make sure nobody helps you until then too. So, how much do you desire to live?" This time it was clear that the bandit was thinking about his options. He was in a great deal of pain and couldn't put up any type of resistance. His only working arm was used to keep his wounded arm and shoulder from falling off completely.

"So buddy, are you gonna tell me, or are you dead?" Grunting loudly, it appeared the bandit was ready to finally give up the information. His life was worth more then the information it seemed. It also appeared that he was banking on Kage killing Kuro so he wouldn't come for him too. "Alright, alright, I'll tell you where he's hiding. District seventy seven in a shack located on the back roads of Daisogentai. You won't get far though, not with the help that he has hired." The bandit cackled loudly and then stopped promptly as his almost detached limb caused pain to him as he laughed. "Urrgh...So are you going to help me now?" Kage laughed at the notion of helping the pathetic man that lay before him. He would like nothing more then to leave him there to die, but he had given him his word. If he let him die after he promised to help him then he would be no better then the bandits themselves. Leaning down he ripped the sleeve of the bandits good arm off and began treating his injury. Putting the man's left arm under his right armpit he tied up the shoulder across his neck to keep it together. Taking the remaining cloth, he tied his left hand to the fabric that was now around his neck to keep his arm in place. This way, the wound would set together and the blood would slow down until he could get some real care. Turning away from the man and getting ready to head off he yelled into the night to try and get someone to help the dying man. "ANYONE OUT THERE, HELP!!! I'VE BEEN HEAVILY WOUNDED AND NEED TREATMENT!!" He hoped some people would wake up and take notice and help the man out more then he did. For his own agenda though he was headed off to district eighty one to get his hands on Kuro. He would kill that man if it was the last thing he did.

Kage moved quickly along the road having a decent amount of distance to cover before arriving at his desired location. The bandit he had gotten information from said that Kuro was hiding away in the seventy seventh district. Currently they were in the seventy fifth district. That being the case, it would take him a few hours to get to where he needed to be. Thankfully he was a bit faster then the average individual thanks to his heightened abilities. But still, a few hours of travel was nothing he was looking forward to. He had nothing to do to keep him occupied between here and there. Kage had no travelling companion to keep him busy either. He was a loner through and through, that's how he would always be. Moving along step by step he listened to the whistling of the wind and his footsteps through the dirt. His mind grew listless as he continued to move along the landscape. Trees blowing in the wind, animals moving through the forests, these were the only things that happened as he went along. Over time he slowly just let his mind go quiet and on a type of auto pilot. His body was still moving along to the destination in question, he just kind of let himself, check out. It was a way for him to keep the long hours of waiting or travel at bay so he didn't go insane. Now, he would still be aware if something strange went on around him, it just made the passage of time seem faster. That was all it truly was, an illusion to make it seem as though it didn't take as long. It was just because he wasn't paying attention that it seemed as such. When one thinks about what they are doing it typically takes longer because its on their mind. That was a philosophy he followed that also seemed to be true most of the time. This would be yet another time it proved to be true for before he knew it he was at the destination in mind. He was not quite yet at the hideout he was looking for, but he was in the correct district at least. The town name, it was Daisotengai if he remembered correctly. That was one of the nicer areas in the seventy seventh district, if that meant much.

The district was a lawless area that even the newly formed shinigami rarely traveled to. The criminals in the district were some of the most violent and destructive individuals in the entire rukongai. There were few districts that could match their malevolence and crime activity. Perhaps Kage could do something about that after he put an end to Kuro's life. With him dead it would loosen the hold his gang had on the district and hopefully resolve some issues. Perhaps he would even reside in the district for a small while to look over things. It was his job after all to snuff off criminals when they popped up. Granted, it was usually through terms he would get paid for, but not all the time. Sometimes he picked people just because they were truly that evil. It was indeed hard to believe that some people could be so evil that they deserved to die. But, those people existed, and in larger numbers then one would think. Sighing to himself he stopped dead in the middle of the road. He had just arrived on the outskirts of the town and already he was having issues. At the entrance to the town he could see four individuals standing guard. All four were armed with a variety of weapons. One of them wielded a long spear, a pike most likely. Two of them wielded katanas, though one seemed slightly shorter, perhaps a wakizashi. The final one had a massive battle axe strapped across his back. Judging just be appearance as well, it appeared that particular individual could wield it as well. He was a large and powerful looking individual, most likely the greatest threat of the four. But then again, he himself didn't match up to the guard, physically at least. Kage was still more then confident in his abilities that he could take them. But, just for simplicity sake he didn't want to kill more people then was necessary. For all he knew they could have their own stories to tell about why they do what they do. He had heard more then enough sob stories in his day.

He figured the easiest way to circumvent this issue was to cut through the woods and go around the guards. They hadn't apparently noticed him yet thanks to the cover of night. They were busy mingling amongst themselves which made his footsteps more then squelched. Ducking off quickly and quietly to his right, Kage burst into the woods to circumvent the guards. He ran a good hundred or so feet forward before he decided it was safe to head back in the direction towards the town. Now running parallel through the woods he made good time heading towards the center of town. However, the center of town was not what he was looking for. He was looking for the back roads, the ones that lead to the middle of nowhere. It was one of these roads that he found first. It ran right through the woods he was running through alongside the town. Perhaps this could be the road that the bandit had told him about? But then again there were bound to be plenty of back roads, especially in a place such as this. Sighing, he figured he would have to check all available options to make sure he located the target. Hopefully his luck was good enough that he could get the right place on the first shot. That was more then unlikely though considering his odds of being on the correct road. He guess there was about a fifteen, maybe twenty percent chance that this was the correct pathway. That number being calculated purely from how many back roads he estimated there might be. Shrugging, he took a right and started walking down the path leading away from town. There was only one real way of finding this place, looking for it. No matter how long he stood around calculating percentages and odds of which road he would find it on he would never actually find the place. The only thing that would help with that is some good old fashioned searching.

It appeared luck was indeed on his side this day. At least, maybe it was some sort of karmic reprieve at the least. Not only had he picked the correct road, but found the shack after only five or so minutes of travel. He knew it had to be the one as well since it was crawling with bandits. The building was bustling and there were three guards posted outside. Kage could tell just from the voices inside there had to be at least ten or so people inside. It appeared that Kuro really did not lie about how powerful of a man he was. He had dozens upon dozens of men that worked for him making him a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps that was actually why the Gotei Thirteen was formed. Could the shinigami finally have gotten over their self absorption and realized these growing bandit groups were becoming a threat? Considering their numbers were about even, perhaps even out numbered by the bandits, it was a possibility. But he didn't care about that right now, he had a job to do. Ducking off to the right into the woods to the side of the road Kage approached carefully. He did not want to make a big scene, having to kill most likely twenty or so men just to get to Kuro. He was strong, stronger then any of them he was sure, but he doubted he could handle all of them and not be exhausted. To fight Kuro after fighting twenty or so other men would be suicide. He would have to find a way to do it quietly. That however was not something that Kage specialized in. Groaning quietly he observed the road as more guests began making their way towards the shack. They were not bandits though, one could tell just by their garbs. They were, no, they couldn't be. They were a group of shinigami? Perhaps his prior assumptions were true and they came to take care of Kuro himself. But could two shinigami truly take care of that entire group of bandits.

Perhaps they could, he could have done it himself after all. He wasn't saying the shinigami were stronger then him, but they were stronger then the average individual. They had a wide variety of abilities as well that stemmed from their enhanced reiryoku training. They could control their reiryoku with precision being able to fight efficiently. Kage had not quiet mastered these abilities but possessed enough reiryoku that it wasn't too large of a problem. Deciding it was best to observe the situation for the time being, Kage waited to see how things would turn out. The only thing he hoped wouldn't happen was that the shinigami were in league with Kuro. There was no way he could fight them AND the bandits, then Kuro. The shinigami themselves would be a rough match for Kage. Sighing, he hid himself behind a tree and peered out from its edge. It seemed the shinigami were at least not allies of Kuro and his bandits. They did not draw their blades either though. It seemed they were looking for something, information perhaps? From his location Kage could hear portions of the conversation, in and out. "Hey, you, do.....if.....Kuro Ryuu....here?" "What business......yours?" "We......hoping...join up." "Stay....." From what he heard though he could guess at why they were here and why they were asking such questions. They were indeed looking for Kuro, but wanted to know if he was there before making any trouble. Moving forward slightly, Kage pushed his position further towards the edge of the woods to get a better look at things. After a few moments the bandit that went inside came back out. He had stepped to the side and left the door open for the shinigami to enter. From his current location he could hear them speaking clearly now as well so he would know what was going on. "The boss says you can come inside. He was quite interested at the concept of two shinigami joining the gang." "Well, we appreciate your bosses interest in our abilities. He is quite the wise leader it seems." The two headed inside and it was quiet for a while. The voices were muffled now that they were within the building but things didn't seem to escalate.

Perhaps they really were there just to join up with Kuro's gang. However, that thought was soon cast away as he could hear yelling break out from within the building. The most prominent of the yells was the one that brought the most adrenaline to Kage's heart as well. "Danpen Tomo, Kourenda!!" After that he could feel a burst of reiatsu come from within the building along with the screams of dying men. Whoever this shinigami was, they were powerful. They were strong enough to even frighten Kage and make him think twice about staying there. The man had acquired the initial release of his zanpaktou, the Shikai. It was the first sign of a flourishing shinigami and their power. Whoever this man was, he was no ordinary fighter. Slinking back into the woods somewhat, Kage watched and listened closely as the howls of combat died down. Only after three or so minutes the area was quiet once again and the two shinigami emerged from the shack. Their blades were sheathed and they didn't even have a single injury on them. They were good, very good. The level of skill they displayed worried Kage, he did not want to even try confronting them. Even if he didn't approach in a combat oriented manner, he didn't trust shinigami enough to attempt it. As he began to head to the shack to make sure Kuro was inside and dead he heard a voice call out. "You there, in the woods, come out before I drag you out myself." Kage stopped dead in his tracks and he could swear he felt his heart stop for a second. They knew he was there and they were calling him out. He had no other option then at this point, he had to come out and confront them. Steeling his will, Kage marched out from the woods and revealed his presence to the two shinigami standing before him. "Well, you caught me, now what?"

"Now I ask you who you are and what your doing out here." Kage gritted his teeth as he tried to think quickly. He needed to choose his words carefully and as fast as he could. He didn't think it was a good idea to keep these men waiting. There was no way he could fight his way out with brute force either. He knew that at least one of the shinigami was a good deal stronger then him, if not both of them. Sighing, Kage placed his head down for a moment and then looked back up with a stupid grin on his face. "Well I suppose that's the least I can do for your fellas after you helped me out like that." That seemed to be more then enough to confuse the shinigami. Now it was making them think more about what had happened and what he could be talking about. This put the heat off of him specifically for the moment and gave him a moment of breathing room. However, it was indeed only a moment as he found himself being bombarded by questions again. "What do you mean by, the way we helped you? Explain yourself and stop dancing around the topic." "Alright, alright, no need to get hasty gentlemen. My name is Kage, I am what you would call a contract killer. Mind you though, one with a conscious at least. I was contracted to kill the crime lord inside that you so kindly killed for me." The two shinigami took a moment to mingle amongst themselves and discern whether Kage was telling the truth or not. It sounded true enough of a story with all of the right details in place to make things look correct. However, the complete truth and sychronicity of the story may make it suspicious itself. The two shinigami in question though seemed to have no issue accepting his story though. "Alright then, Kage, why don't you get out of here before we decide to get rid of you too. I'm in a good mood so I'll let you go for now." "I'll take my leave of you gentlemen then. Thank you for being as gracious as you have for a simple peasant like myself. You gentlemen have a nice evening then." With that Kage vanished off into the woods once more disappearing away from the powerful shinigami.

However, instead of simply booking it away as fast as he could he hid away in the trees once again deciding to watch the two a little further. He wanted to see where they were going and why they had been sent here. He assumed it could have been some sort of mission. But then again he didn't know how the shinigami worked. They could have been on some personal grudge mission, perhaps just killing some time and getting rid of some trouble all at once. Two birds with one stone or some business like that. Observing the two men carefully, Kage watched as they made their way down the path back towards rukongai. They didn't speak at all but there was one thing Kage noticed that was important. The second shinigami, who he guessed was the subordinate, dropped a sheet of parchment from on his person. It could have been trash, or it could have been valuable information. Either way, it was something he deemed worthy for checking out. As soon as the two were far enough away for him to move without being noticed he darted onto the road and grabbed the sheet. With the parchment firmly in his grip Kage continued to barrel off into the woods in the direction he was traveling until he was hidden away once again. He didn't want them to notice him moving through the area, and if they had, he wanted to keep moving until he was away from them. After traveling a good hundred feet or so Kage stopped atop a tall oak tree and sat against its strong trunk. Finally getting a chance to look at the paper he had risked a great deal to see, Kage began to study it's words. Over all the find was somewhat valuable, in a certain way at least. The parchment appeared to be a piece of a text book that had been ripped out it appeared. On the page was listed a variety of, what looked to be spells, called kidou. It was one of those shinigami arts that they were trained in at the academy. From the looks of it this was the 'magic' type deal that they knew how to use.

It was essentially just concentrated reiryoku formed into a tangible blast of energy to be used against opponents. The more reiryoku one had and the better they could control it, the stronger kidou they could utilize in battle. It appeared whoever that shinigami was he must have been somewhat low on the totem pole. The kidou listed were basic ones at best it seemed and were numbered rather low. The highest he viewed was number nineteen, something called a Jugeki Byakurai. Shrugging, Kage looked the sheet over closer thinking about what to do with it. Perhaps if he studied it enough he could do his own personal shinigami training. He had thought about joining the academy a few times, if not for the fact that he disliked shinigami in general. Their overall attitude was disgraceful as well as loyalty and honor being thin in their ranks. Might as well have been highly trained mercenaries hired to kill. That being the case, joining their ranks was out of the question for his morals. He would have to tough it out with his own abilities and see how these things worked. Hopefully he wouldn't blow his arm off in the process. Jumping down from the tree, Kage landed softly and looked about through the woods around him. It was quiet and devoid of all life in the area. The only ones around were now dead bodies that were littered some one or two hundred feet south of him. Sighing, Kage decided he would start out with one of the hadou as that sounded the most intriguing. The first one that caught his eye was number four, byakurai. The nineteen had the same name but slightly altered, maybe a stronger version of that. Perhaps he could learn the normal one first before learning this changed one.

Alternating his sight between the paper and the forest in front of him, Kage placed his hand out facing into the darkness of the woods. Looking back to the paper he observed its instructions and pointed his index finger out towards the trees whilst still glancing over the parchment. Having completed the set of readable instructions he had to do the rest himself now. He had never really tried training his reiryoku. At least not for any extended period of time. He knew how to use it in its most basic of forms but nothing extensive. Hopefully he could pull off a small laser beam or this could be a tedious project. Placing the parchment into the inner layer of his robes he focused his attention on the tip of his index finger as he tried to focus his reiryoku. Slowly but surely he could see the small pale blue orb growing at the tip of his finger. He watched it closely as he tried to focus to his fullest. He could feel his energy flowing as the orb neared its completion and stabilized on the tip of his finger. Shouting out the name of the hadou into the woods the small blue orb shot from Kage's finger tipped and ripped through the air with lightning speeds. "Hadou number four, Byakurai!!" He watched ahead as the beam shot from his finger tip and remained a constant size until it dissipated after five or so seconds after being fired. Looking out into the woods and then back to his finger he nodded in approval of his attempt. "So, that's what kidou is all about eh? I suppose it could be useful, being able to shoot laser beams from my fingers." Kage smirked briefly before pulling the parchment back out of his robes. Next on his personal list was number nineteen, that Jugeki Byakurai. It appeared to be the same exact thing as the normal byakurai that he had just performed. The only difference that he could tell was that it was a higher number, and following logic, stronger then the lower numbered version. Following the same methods he had used when firing the byakurai Kage began to once again gather energy at the tip of his finger. This time however the small orb was not a pale blue in color, instead it was a crimson red.

Other then that though the energy followed the same forming pattern as the previous byakurai, it simply took a little bit longer to charge. Once completed he took aim into the woods as he had done before and yelled out the name of the hadou he was about to fire. "Hadou number nineteen, Jugeki Byakurai!!" From his fingertip fired the hadou and he could say it was different then its predecessor. Instead of the pale blue the beam was a crimson red color. Also, the byakurai itself got wider as it fired out most likely from however much power was put into it. The Jugeki instead was a straight and constant beam which most likely condensed all of the energy put into it further for a more powerful attack. Looking at his finger Kage thought out loud about these two new abilities he had just learned. "Well, I guess the shinigami really are as strong as they say. They have all of these abilities at their disposal. Perhaps I should rethink my position on this whole, shinigami thing, after all."

This was the first time Kage had seriously considered going to the academy since almost three hundred years ago. He had always had some natural talents, more then the average individual. By no means was he any superman like the noble families, but he was strong. In the Rukongai his power was something to be feared, something that wasn't seen all the time. However, the world of the shinigami was much different then that of Rukongai. They harnessed their powers and trained for years to become as strong as they are. They are the pinnacle of strength that any soul can hope to achieve. That being the case, compared to the power of a shinigami, he was as average as they come. The only edge he had was being able to fly through the academy in short time. He would need to think this over though, when he had more time to actually decide. This couldn't be a quick decision to make. If he decided to go his life would change forever for however long he continued to live. Sighing loudly into the thick darkness of the woods, Kage began to make his way back home. He just wanted to get to bed at this point and have a little rest. He was exhausted from all of the running around he had placed on his agenda. If only that bastard Kuro hadn't shown his face. Better yet, if his face hadn't continued to exist after his first assassination attempt. Shrugging, Kage began to make his slow trudge back to his own district, his own home. It would be a good two or so hours before he could return from whence he came. Until then he figured it best to put himself in auto pilot and just let his mind check out. It was easier as well because of the fatigue that came with the days adventures. His mind was more then happy to go into relax as well. As he traveled all he really noticed was the blurring silhouette of the trees around him and the darkness fading in front and growing in back. Before he knew it though he was already back to his own district having ended up only three or so streets away. Bringing himself out of his 'auto pilot' he made the short walk back to his home with the little remaining energy he had left.

He couldn't wait to set his eyes on his bed, then himself shortly after. He was ready to collapse and just go to bed at this point. He didn't care about something to drink, making something to eat, even bathing. Sliding open the door to his abode, Kage stepped across the threshold and entered his home. Shutting the door behind him he listened to the silence around him for a moment. It was always like this when he came home. It wasn't particularly the silence, it was quiet outside as well considering it was the middle of the night. It wasn't even really a problem, it was just an observation. The silence within his home seemed more, real to him, for some reason or other. That coupled with the darkness that filled his home made it a dreary place. He couldn't say he wasn't lonely, he had been alone for hundreds of years. He had few friends, no family, and no significant other to speak of. It was the way he preferred things though, being alone and to himself. However, companionship was something that even he sought out every once in a while. The only real companion he had right now was the blade he carried with him. It had been with him since the beginning, since he came to the Soul Society. He had found it laying on the ground next to him when he had awoken in his new home. Ever since that day he had become inseparable with the katana. He didn't know why but, he knew it was important somehow, that it wasn't just a coincidence that it appeared next to him. Sitting himself down on his bed he removed the blade from his sash and placed it against the bed near where his head typically lay. Laying himself down in the darkness he turned his head to the right and stared at the hilt that stuck up in the air next to him. His eyes slowly shut as he stared at it remembering all they had been through in an instant. Darkness covered his vision moments later as the warm embrace of slumber took him. But he wouldn't not sleep alone, no, there was another in the darkness. It was not a person, so to speak, but an entity.

It had always been there, always watching, and always protecting. Kage's eyes shot open revealing himself to the darkness once again. But this was not the same darkness, it was thicker and more potent. The strange part of it all though was that it felt comfortable being within the darkness, floating through the unknown. It was then that a voice pierced the darkness, one that was deep and dark, one that seemed familiar. "So Kage, you have finally come to speak at least. Welcome, to my realm of darkness." Though there was the strange familiarity that he felt from this presence, Kage was of course on guard. He was in an unknown place with an entity he was not familiar with. He had to keep on his toes or he might not survive whatever strange encounter this was. Looking around him quickly he tried to get sight of his blade. He figured it might have been around him somewhere to help him, his only true friend. But no, it was nowhere to be seen, no where to be found. He was truly by himself for the first time in almost eight hundred years, or so he thought. "Why do you not speak Kage? Do you still truly not know who I am?" Kage looked around himself and was still incapable of finding out where this voice was coming from and who owned it. It seemed as though it echoed all around him, surrounding his entire being. "How would I know who you are?" "So I guess you truly do still not know. It is time so I will tell you. I am the one who has always existed with you, the one to watch over you, the one who protected you. Now do you know who I am?" The one who had always existed with him and protected him? Nobody had ever watched over him, not for as long as this individual was suggesting. That was when it hit him, there was one thing that had always been there. "Then that means your....but how?" "Yes, I am the blade that you have carried with you since you came here. That is no normal blade, it is a part of you, a part of your soul. I am the manifestation of the power of your soul, I am your zanpaktou, Maru Joukei!!" All at once the darkness swirling around him began to slowly dissipate and being replaced with a nighttime dreamscape.

He could make out various shapes, perhaps buildings, a few trees, but it was too dark to really tell. The only thing he noticed from the thicker darkness vanishing was now a pair of crimson eyes. It lurked far in the distance and seemed to be drawing closer. Kage could feel his heart pounding rapidly, growing faster as the devilish eyes grew closer to him. Brighter they continued to get as they came more and more into focus. Soon enough, the eyes, and the being that owned them, were standing right before him. Kage could not speak for he was too confused to do so. Before him stood a complete clone of himself, bar any type of colored pigmentation in either skin or clothes. It was a shadowy silhouette of himself with a pair of crimson red eyes. It did not attack him, it did not try to touch him in any way. It simply stood before him as if waiting for something. "Maru Joukei, my, zanpaktou?" It was all truly confusing to him at this point. Sure, he knew what a zanpaktou was, but that wasn't what was bothering him. It was more the fact that he had actually managed to have a zanpaktou. It was one of the weapons of the shinigami and following such logic, why would he have one? "Yes, I am your spirit weapon. I waited for the day that you would finally hear me, when you would realize what you truly are, what your calling is." "A shinigami......I should have known." "Yes, that is what you are at heart. Now Kage, reach into my body and grab hold of my essence. Draw out the power your possess and make your way into a world that you've never seen before." Reaching his hand out slowly Kage was ready to plunge it into the being before him without a single thought. Half way through reaching though he stopped a moment and gazed downwards. He stared at his hand and thought about what he was going to do. He had no problem accepting these powers, they were his to begin with. But, he knew that if he did indeed do so, it would mean a change in his life forever. He couldn't ever return to just a normal life with abilities such as his own. One way or another he would find his way to the academy, or the shinigami would find him.

Sighing and gritting his teeth, Kage yelled loudly and jammed his arm into Joukei and grabbed hold of what he found within. He knew what he had grabbed hold of, he had held it many times before. It was the katana that he had carried with him for his entire life, his zanpaktou. Pulling the blade out with one powerful pull, he gazed upon what he now held in his hand. It was indeed the blade he was familiar with, the katana that was as old as he. In only moments though it began to change and morph. The blade seemingly began to split as if it were becoming a pronged weapon. However, as it split the blade actually ended up cracking in half leaving a black ooze of darkness between the bisected weapon. This ooze slowly began to solidify and compact itself returning the bisected blade to its original form, only doubled. He now held two blades in his hand, each one an identical copy of the other. They had changed yet again though aside from the apparent, 'cloning', he had just witnessed. Both of the blades had turned jet black and gained a black, purplish aura, that swirled around them. Holding one of them up above him, Kage stared at it studying the blade for a moment. "So, now what am I supposed to do." Returning his attention to Joukei, who he now noticed was no longer standing before him, he looked for answers he would not receive. "I cannot tell you what to do Kage. You, must make that decision for yourself. However, whatever you decide to do, I will always be by your side ready to lend you my power." With that, the silhouetted figure of Joukei vanished into the darkness and returned into the thick shroud it had been before. "Now go Kage, go and make your future!!" All at once the blackness faded away and he found himself upright having just jolted away from what seemed to be a dream. It hit him all at once though, realizing just how real that 'dream' had been. He looked down beside him at the katana still leaning up against the bed. It had never moved, yet it had done so much. "Maru Joukei eh? I guess my future has been decided for me. Tomorrow, I become a shinigami."

The next morning came swiftly to Kage as the sunlight shined through the small windows in his bedroom illuminating the area. He rose up from his bed and slid himself to the left setting his feet on the floor. Clearing the sandy crust from his eyes, Kage stretched his limbs to wake up his body and get the day started. Standing slowly, his body instinctively reached down beside him and grabbed hold of the hilt sticking up passed the bed. Moving the blade to the left side of his sash he stopped for a moment. He looked down at it for a moment and studied the blade he had carried for so long. In one night everything had changed so drastically. His blade, now zanpaktou, had become more then just a tool as it was before. It was now his partner and companion for the rest of his days. Sighing, he figured it was time to get it over with. His choice was as plain as day, his resolve had been set last night, he would be a shinigami. Slipping the zanpaktou into his sheath Kage slowly made his way to the door of his abode. He had a feeling it would be the last time being home for a long time, if ever again. Turning around and scanning over his home he thought about what he would be leaving behind for a moment. A quiet and calm life, living comfortably with his own home, nothing to really worry about. He had a fine life, more then that, a good life. Perhaps though, he was meant for something more, meant to be something greater. Balling his fists, Kage turned away from his home for the last time and slid open the door to his future. Stepping across the threshold, the brightness of the daylight blinded him for a moment before the world became clear to him. As he stood there staring out into the bustling streets of rukongai he noticed that things seemed, clearer. He looked around at the people around him, taking care of their daily tasks. He was different from them in more ways then he could think of. Kage lived by the sword, he always had and he always would. Shutting his door behind him, Kage steeled his will and strolled through the streets of rukongai. Every step he took brought him closer and closer to the heart of Soul Society, the Seireitei. It was originally the housing of noble families and the more powerful shinigami. However, now with the organized force of the Gotei Thirteen it was being used as a military base to house the shinigami divisions. It was also the place in which the Shinigami Academy was located. It was there that he would find his future and finally join the Gotei Thirteen.

WC: 10,946

Learned Hadou #4 Byakurai, Hadou #19 Jugeki Byakurai, and Practitioner Kidou.
    Tenjinsai Bushinji

Reiatsu: : 40000
    Strength: : 5
    Stamina: : 22
    Speed: : 76
    Reiryoku: : 71
    Perception: : 72

Re: Last Moments of Freedom

Post by Tenjinsai Bushinji on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:03 am

This was the first time Tenjinsai had seriously considered going to the academy since almost three hundred years ago. He had always had some natural talents, more then the average individual. By no means was he any superman like the noble families, but he was strong. In the Rukongai his power was something to be feared, something that wasn't seen all the time. However, the world of the shinigami was much different then that of Rukongai. They harnessed their powers and trained for years to become as strong as they are. They are the pinnacle of strength that any soul can hope to achieve. That being the case, compared to the power of a shinigami, he was as average as they come. The only edge he had was being able to fly through the academy in short time. He would need to think this over though, when he had more time to actually decide. This couldn't be a quick decision to make. If he decided to go his life would change forever for however long he continued to live. Sighing loudly into the thick darkness of the woods, Tenjinsai began to make his way back home. He just wanted to get to bed at this point and have a little rest.

He was exhausted from all of the running around he had placed on his agenda. If only that bastard Kuro hadn't shown his face. Better yet, if his face hadn't continued to exist after his first assassination attempt. Shrugging, Tenjinsai began to make his slow trudge back to his own district, his own home. It would be a good two or so hours before he could return from whence he came. Until then he figured it best to put himself in auto pilot and just let his mind check out. It was easier as well because of the fatigue that came with the days adventures. His mind was more then happy to go into relax as well. As he traveled all he really noticed was the blurring silhouette of the trees around him and the darkness fading in front and growing in back. Before he knew it though he was already back to his own district having ended up only three or so streets away. Bringing himself out of his 'auto pilot' he made the short walk back to his home with the little remaining energy he had left.

He couldn't wait to set his eyes on his bed, then himself shortly after. He was ready to collapse and just go to bed at this point. He didn't care about something to drink, making something to eat, even bathing. Sliding open the door to his abode, Tenjinsai stepped across the threshold and entered his home. Shutting the door behind him he listened to the silence around him for a moment. It was always like this when he came home. It wasn't particularly the silence, it was quiet outside as well considering it was the middle of the night. It wasn't even really a problem, it was just an observation. The silence within his home seemed more, real to him, for some reason or other. That coupled with the darkness that filled his home made it a dreary place. He couldn't say he wasn't lonely, he had been alone for hundreds of years. He had few friends, no family, and no significant other to speak of. It was the way he preferred things though, being alone and to himself.

However, companionship was something that even he sought out every once in a while. The only real companion he had right now was the blade he carried with him. It had been with him since the beginning, since he came to the Soul Society. He had found it laying on the ground next to him when he had awoken in his new home. Ever since that day he had become inseparable with the katana. He didn't know why but, he knew it was important somehow, that it wasn't just a coincidence that it appeared next to him. Sitting himself down on his bed he removed the blade from his sash and placed it against the bed near where his head typically lay. Laying himself down in the darkness he turned his head to the right and stared at the hilt that stuck up in the air next to him. His eyes slowly shut as he stared at it remembering all they had been through in an instant. Darkness covered his vision moments later as the warm embrace of slumber took him. But he wouldn't not sleep alone, no, there was another in the darkness. It was not a person, so to speak, but an entity.

It had always been there, always watching, and always protecting. Tenjinsai's eyes shot open revealing himself to the darkness once again. But this was not the same darkness, it was thicker and more potent. The strange part of it all though was that it felt comfortable being within the darkness, floating through the unknown. It was then that a voice pierced the darkness, one that was deep and dark, one that seemed familiar. "So Tenjinsai, you have finally come to speak at least. Welcome, to my realm of darkness." Though there was the strange familiarity that he felt from this presence, Kage was of course on guard. He was in an unknown place with an entity he was not familiar with. He had to keep on his toes or he might not survive whatever strange encounter this was. Looking around him quickly he tried to get sight of his blade. He figured it might have been around him somewhere to help him, his only true friend. But no, it was nowhere to be seen, no where to be found. He was truly by himself for the first time in almost two hundred years, or so he thought. "Why do you not speak Tenjinsai? Do you still truly not know who I am?"

Tenjinsai looked around himself and was still incapable of finding out where this voice was coming from and who owned it. It seemed as though it echoed all around him, surrounding his entire being. "How would I know who you are?" "So I guess you truly do still not know. It is time so I will tell you. I am the one who has always existed with you, the one to watch over you, the one who protected you. Now do you know who I am?" The one who had always existed with him and protected him? Nobody had ever watched over him, not for as long as this individual was suggesting. That was when it hit him, there was one thing that had always been there. "Then that means you're....but how?" "Yes, I am the blade that you have carried with you since you came here. That is no normal blade, it is a part of you, a part of your soul. I am the manifestation of the power of your soul, I am your zanpaktou, Seijin Enma!!" All at once the darkness swirling around him began to slowly dissipate and being replaced with a bright and flaming hellscape.

He could make out various shapes, perhaps buildings, a few trees, but it was too dark to really tell. The only thing he noticed from the within the flames vanishing was now a pair of crimson eyes. It lurked far in the distance and seemed to be drawing closer. Tenjinsai could feel his heart pounding rapidly, growing faster as the devilish eyes grew closer to him. Brighter they continued to get as they came more and more into focus. Soon enough, the eyes, and the being that owned them, were standing right before him. Tenjinsai could not speak for he was too confused to do so. Before him stood a giant being of flames and cinder that towered into the sky far above Tenjinsai's or any other living beings height he had ever seen. It did not attack him, it did not try to touch him in any way. It simply stood before him as if waiting for something. "Seijin Enma, my, zanpaktou?" It was all truly confusing to him at this point. Sure, he knew what a zanpaktou was, but that wasn't what was bothering him.

It was more the fact that he had actually managed to have a zanpaktou. It was one of the weapons of the shinigami and following such logic, why would he have one? "Yes, I am your spirit weapon. I waited for the day that you would finally hear me, when you would realize what you truly are, what your calling is." "A shinigami......I should have known." "Yes, that is what you are at heart. Now Tenjinsai, reach into my body and grab hold of my essence. Draw out the power your possess and make your way into a world that you've never seen before." Reaching his hand out slowly Tenjinsai was ready to plunge it into the being before him without a single thought. Half way through reaching though he stopped a moment and gazed downwards. He stared at his hand and thought about what he was going to do. He had no problem accepting these powers, they were his to begin with. But, he knew that if he did indeed do so, it would mean a change in his life forever. He couldn't ever return to just a normal life with abilities such as his own.

Sighing and gritting his teeth, Tenjinsai yelled loudly and jammed his arm into Enma and grabbed hold of what he found within. He knew what he had grabbed hold of, he had held it many times before. It was the katana that he had carried with him for his entire life, his zanpaktou. Pulling the blade out with one powerful pull, he gazed upon what he now held in his hand. It was indeed the blade he was familiar with, the katana that was as old as he. In only moments though it began to change and morph. The blade itself did not change much, if only a little bit of growth to the steel itself. However it was what was happening around the blade that was truly changing. In his hand he now held what was the equivalent of a massive flame. It did not burn him, nor did it feel as though he was holding flames. In his hand he only felt the solid grip of the blade he had held so many times before. He was astonished with what he now held in his hand and had a hard time believing what was happening before him. This was a power that marked the birth of a great shinigami, the birth of their powers, Shikai.

Holding the blade up above him, Tenjinsai stared at it studying the blade for a moment. "So, now what am I supposed to do." Returning his attention to Enma, who he now noticed was no longer standing before him, he looked for answers he would not receive. "I cannot tell you what to do Tenjinsai. You, must make that decision for yourself. However, whatever you decide to do, I will always be by your side ready to lend you my power." With that, the the massive silhouetted figure that was his zanpaktou disappeared into the blazing inferno that surrounded him. "Now go Tenjinsai, go and make your future!!" All at once the flames that had once surrounded him began to fade and he found himself upright having just jolted away from what seemed to be a dream. It hit him all at once though, realizing just how real that 'dream' had been. He looked down beside him at the katana still leaning up against the bed. It had never moved, yet it had done so much. Looking at the blade he knew in his heart that this was the last day that he could live like this. He had known it the moment he had left the academy earlier and was granted an early graduation. It was only now really driving itself into him though that he was a shinigami through and through.

Acquired Shikai: Seijin Enma
    Acquired Combatant Kidou

WC: 2,133

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm